Preparing a Grant Application
2018 Grant Application Process
The Call for Proposals opens February 1, 2018. Funding requests for one year only in the range of $10,000 - $30,000 will be considered. We are not accepting multi-year requests at this time.
How To Apply, Access to the Grant Application, Calendar and Eligibility Information
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Review the HNH Foundation Funding Priorities
- The HNH Foundation currently has five funding priorities. Each funding priority includes specific strategies the foundation uses to advance the goal for that funding priority.
- Before starting a Letter of Inquiry, carefully read the Guidelines for the funding priority that supports your interest found on the Our Funding Priorities tab.
Step 2: Register Your Organization
Click here to access the HNH Foundation’s to create an account for your organization. You may register your organization at any time; you don't need to wait for the open application announcement.
- Online Organization Registration Video: The video provides a 5-minute overview of the registration process
- After you have registered your organization you will have access to the current application and will be able to complete the online Letter of Inquiry. Only LOI and applications submitted via the foundation's online application system will be considered.
Step 3: Complete the Online Letter of Inquiry
All applicants are required to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) to be considered for HNH Foundation funding. Not all LOI receive an invitation to submit a full application. Please read the instructions below (or view the video) before beginning an LOI.
GRANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Grant Application Calendar - Fall 2018
Grant Application Period Open (online LOI posted): August 1, 2018
Letter of Inquiry Due: August 15 *If you are seeking funding for more than one strategy within a grant cycle, you must submit a separate Letter of Inquiry for each strategy.
Invitation to Submit Full Application: Notification by September 1 *Not all Letters of Inquiry result in an invitation to submit a full application
Application Due: September 30
Grant Awards Announced: November 30
Grant award payments will be processed by December 31, 2018
Who Can Apply
- Tax-exempt organizations under any part of section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code
- State or local government agencies or a unit of government
Grassroots organizations, collaboratives or coalitions may apply under the auspices of a tax-exempt fiscal sponsor (fiscal sponsorship information is gathered in the Letter of Inquiry phase)
Note: Applicant organizations must be in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
We Do Not Fund
- Capital campaigns
- Expenses already incurred
- Fundraising events
- Out of state projects that do not benefit New Hampshire
- Sectarian or religious programs
- Support for political activities, i.e. lobbying
International travel expenses
Organizations or projects that discriminate based on age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national or ethnic origin